Thursday, February 17, 2011

Photos that changed the world.


 


          Today I thought I'd share with you guys some of my favorite photographs taken during war time.
 Feel free to comment. I am interested in your opinion.
Also, tell me which one you like the most.


This is a picture I think all of you recognise. It shoes a young Kim Phuc running away from the bombing in Napalm.
This is her again holding her young child.

War protester puts flower in soldier's gun.

Boy helping his amputee father to put his clothes on.

The most symbolic picture taken during the great depression.

Photo of an Afghan girl refugee. She was 12 years old when her picture was taken.


Even in death and grief there can still be found beauty.

14 comments:

  1. http://allaboutcoloredcontacts.com/486/haunting-eyes-of-afghan-girl/


    They ended up finding the Afghan Girl 20 or so years later, link to the article. Very good picture choices as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i saw in watchmen the girl putting a flower on soldiers gun and then bam they shot them

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last two photos are really iconic. Excellent post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last pic... her eyes! Oh my god, they pierce your soul.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very iconic photos from the cold war.

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are all very iconic. there's a photo of the afghan girl at present time, too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shot selections. I'm like everyone else, those eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. kim phuc holder her child was great to see, thx.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's interesting. I remember seeing a lot of these in history textbooks from highschool and junior high, and a few from news articles online. A lot of these fall into the category that a picture is worth a thousand words. Which really is true. Just like when I see a picture of me and my girlfriend together, it always warms my heart because it captures the moment better than anything else, and every one of those pictures is worth far more than a thousand words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are amazing photos, they're iconic for a reason.

    ReplyDelete